Participants are needed for an interdisciplinary, qualitative research study, Ethics in Humanitarian Healthcare Practice and Policy During Acute Crisis Response in Lower and Middle Income Countries.
We are interested in interviewing:
- individuals with experience in writing, implementing, or evaluating policies in acute humanitarian emergencies, or
- individuals with experience as part of a humanitarian healthcare team during acute humanitarian emergencies, to learn more about these experiences.
Participation would involve a 45-90 minute interview by phone, Skype, or in person.
Some of the questions include:
- What are types of ethical challenges that occur in resource poor settings and areas of disaster and conflict?
- How have healthcare providers responded to these challenges?
- What role if any have policies played in these challenges?
- What kinds of preparations/resources have been helpful, or would be helpful, in supporting healthcare providers in dealing with these ethical challenges?
If you have any questions or would like to participate in our research study, please review the study information and contact:
Study information for the Ethics in Humanitarian Healtcare Practice and Policy During Acute Crisis Response in Lower and Middle Income Countries (EHHPP) study: