For the fifth time, the ICMM Reference Centre for Education on IHL and Ethics together with the Medical Services Directorate of the Swiss Armed Forces and the Center for Ethics of Zurich University organise their annual joint Workshop on Military Medical Ethics. It will take place from 7-9 May 2015 at Forum Lilienberg in Ermatingen/ Switzerland.
The main topic for the 2015 workshop will be Ethics in Epidemics (Ebola), with a special focus on the involvement of military actors. Thus, we invite papers on topics addressing general ethical questions faced during epidemics such as Ebola, as well as from the list of topics below.
- The duty to treat
- Ethical aspects of the use of experimental treatment and research during epidemics
- Ethical justifications for infection management and containment measures such as forced treatment, and quarantine
- Presentation of recent case reports or case studies
- The involvement of military actors
- Principles associated with the allocation of scarce or limited resources
Any other topics of relevance for the topic and more generally on military medical ethics are also welcome as there might be an open session on one day.
Deadline for Proposals
Please send your paper proposals/ abstracts together with a short bibliography via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11th January 2015.
You will be notified until the end of January 2015 whether your paper has been accepted. In that case, we will invite you as a speaker to our workshop and cover the conference fee and your travel expenses.