PREA: Call for Abstracts
Abstracts are now being accepted for paper and poster presentations at an International Conference on Ethics & Humanitarian Research.
The conference takes place 25-26 March 2019 at OSU in Columbus, Ohio, USA.
Others will be added as confirmations are received.
- Tine Van Bortel, Ph.D.,
Professor of Global & Mental Health, University of East London, UK;
Deputy Director of the Institute of Health & Human Development.
- Matthew Hunt, Ph.D.,
Associate Professor and Director of Research, McGill University, Montréal, QC, Canada
Co-Director of the Humanitarian Health Ethics Network
- Elysée Nouvet, Ph.D.,
Assistant Professor, The Africa Institute, Western University, Ontario, Canada;
conducted research in West Africa on the 2014-2016 Ebola outbreak
More about the conference:
The Post-Research Ethics Analysis (PREA) project is funded by r2hc to address ethical issues in humanitarian research.
One output is a practical tool to facilitate reflection on and learning from ethical issues arising during humanitarian research. The tool will be launched at the conference, along with keynote lectures, accepted paper and poster presentations, and structured conversations between humanitarian researchers and ethicists.
Abstracts deadline: 31 December 2018.
- For guidelines and to submit an abstract, go to: http://www.preaportal.org/conference/submissions/.
- Travel expenses will be covered for a limited number of accepted presentations.
- Conference proceedings will be available in an open-access, searchable platform, OSU’s Engaged Scholars.
- Information on the International Conference: http://www.preaportal.org/conference/
- Information on the PREA project: http://www.preaportal.org/
- Information on The Ohio State University: https://www.osu.edu/
The PREA project also has an open call for submissions of Case Studies in the Ethics of Humanitarian Research: http://www.preaportal.org/case-studies/
If you have specific questions about the Conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.